With varieties of options for trekking, Nepal is a very ideal destination for a short as well as long treks.
You should not worry about long-days itenary of high-altitude treks unnecessarily. If you have limited time to trek in Nepal, there are many options that you can choose a trek as per your convenience.
8 days treks in Nepal will give you a good overview of trekking experience in Nepal. These treks offer a sneak-peek into the rich Nepali culture while spending enough time on the trekking trails.
The landscape will please you. And, the hospitality of Nepali people will make your experience a memorable one. A week-long trek in the Hills and the Himalayas is an absolute getaway that will connect you to nature and recharge your soul.
Best 8 Days Treks in Nepal
Not so far from the capital city of Kathmandu, Langtang Trek is a short and fulfilling trip that takes you to the laps of Mt Langtang and Lirung in a week.
This short trek explores the diversity of Langtang National Park, which is famous across the globe for being home to some rare species of plants and animals such as Nepalese Larch and Red Panda.
Tamang community living in this region has heavy Tibetan influence in their day-to-day living. The monastery at Kyanjin Gompa, the last village in Langtang valley, is 400-year old, resembling the ancient Tibetan history and culture.
The trail is easy. It passes through dense forests along with the beautiful Langtang river that accompanies us up to Langtang valley.
- Jaw-dropping views of an uncountable number of peaks as far as the horizon from Tsergo Ri at an altitude of 5,000m. Langtang-Lirung and Ganesh Himal range stand out as the closest ones.
- Extraordinary views of forests and waterfalls throughout the trail.
- Langtang National Park is home to 1,000 species of plants, 150 species of birds and 150 species of mammals.
- Langtang Gompa and Kyanjin Gompa are among the oldest Buddhist gompas with the utmost religious values.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek
When it comes to short treks, Annapurna Base Camp is the most popular trek among all others. This trek explores the famous Annapurna Conservation Area all the way up to the base of Mt. Annapurna.
Passing through the quaint Gurung villages of Kaski district, this trek exposes you to the vibrant Gurung culture and lifestyle of the locals.
It is a moderately difficult trail passing through dense rhododendron and orchid forests.
Halfway along the trail, the views of Annapurna and Machhapuchhre become visible. On reaching the base camp, awe-striking views of Annapurna South, Annapurna I, Himchuli and Machhapuchhre and many other peaks will leave you spellbound.
- Stunning view of Machhapuchhre, Annapurna Massif, Himchuli, and many more peaks.
- A glimpse of a traditional Nepali village lifestyle.
- Suspension bridges over perennial rivers decorated with prayer flags offer a picturesque view.
- Vigorous rhododendron, oak, and orchid forests.
- Relaxing bath in the natural hot spring is a tranquil experience.
Mardi Himal Trek
Mardi Himal Trek is an ideal trek for those who wish to enjoy the Annapurna region but prefer to trek in less crowded trails.
It is a newly opened trail. So, it receives a few numbers of tourists compared to the popular Annapurna Base Camp trail. This trail offers everything the Annapurna region has. Classic traditional Gurung villages to the diverse flora and fauna, and everything.
This trek leads you to the foothills of Mardi Himal offering marvelous views of Mardi Himal, Machhapuchhre, Annapurna Massif, Himchuli, and many more. Not just the mountains, the view of the surrounding green hills and valleys is a delightful sight too.
- Panoramic view of some best peaks in the world like Annapurna Massif, Machhapuchhre, Himchuli, Mardi, Dhaulagiri, and many more.
- Clean and fresh forest of rhododendron, juniper, and oak.
- Less crowded trail offering open-sky view.
- Spectacular views of sunrise and sunset on Mardi Himal.
- Well-preserved trails, culture, and landscape of the Annapurna region.
Rara Lake trek is one of the doable 8 days treks in Nepal. Rara Lake is the largest lake in Nepal. A trek to Rara Lake will expose you to the remote far-west region of Nepal. The unspoiled culture and lifestyle here are quite extraordinary.
Some people describe Rara as ‘Heaven on Earth’, and that’s not an exaggeration. This largest blueish freshwater lake at an altitude of 3100m is a wonder of natural beauty. The eye-catching view of pine trees surrounding the lake with snow-covered mountains on the backdrop is a sight to remember for life.
The trail inside the Rara National Park leading to Rara Lake passes through the coniferous forests of pine, juniper, oak, and other trees that are home for 55 species of mammals and 241 species of birds.
- Splendid view of the pristine blue Rara Lake with the dense forest and mountains on the backdrop.
- Rara National Park is among the best places for bird-watching in Nepal.
- Experience the remote lifestyle and unique culture of the far-west region.
- Easy trail with an outstanding view of landscapes and mountains.
Helambu Valley Trek
Helambu Valley Trek is a trek that will take you to the less explored region of the Sindhupalchowk district. It is for those who wish to get a complete experience of trekking in Nepal on a peaceful trail with cultural richness.
This is a short trek away from the hustle and bustle of city life to the peaceful valley of Helambu.
Hyolmo people living here are warm and welcoming cheerful people.
On this trail, you will get splendid views of mountain forests, snow-capped peaks, waterfalls, surrounding hills, and spectacular green valleys.
This week-long easy trek in the Helambu region will offer you an enjoyable experience of the rural Nepali lifestyle.
- Explore the less-explored Helambu valley and Tibetan lifestyle of the Hyolmo people.
- Marvelous panoramic views of the Ganesh Himal range, Langtang, Rolwaling range, and peaks of the Everest region.
- Warm and welcoming people will make sure you have an experience of a home away from home.
- Gorgeous dense mountain forest with luscious green valleys.
More Information on 8 Days Treks in Nepal
The best time for these 8-days treks in Nepal is during Autumn (September-December) and Spring (March to May).
During these periods, the weather remains clear, and the sky looks blue. Temperatures are generally between 20-30 °C resulting in a warm day making it easy for the trek.
These seasons are perfect for flora and fauna as well. Forests stay luxuriant, and the wildlife boasts prosperous.
With proper clothing, equipment, trekking gears, and information from the locals, you can trek in winter as well as summer, but these are not the best time.
In winter, trekking in the high Himalayas is risky sometimes due to blizzards. However, you can still trek in the lower regions. The weather is not the best, but for avid trekkers, it is a good time.
Summer is not considered to be a good time as monsoon rainfall brings landslides and trails might be risky.
Most of the trekking regions in Nepal have tea-house accommodation.
Tea-House accommodation is one where you will have basic facilities of food and shelter on a twin-sharing basis. You do not need to carry any food or camping gear along a tea-house trek.
The facilities are pretty basic. But, with the increasing number of tourists, facilities in these teahouses are getting better. Hot shower, Wifi, and some other facilities are now available in many teahouses.
Clothing and Equipment
It’s always suggested packing minimally for a trek. Here is a list of essential things you need to pack for 8-days treks in Nepal.
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Tissue / Toilet roll
- Hand sanitizers
- Moisturizers and sunscreen
- Quickly drying towel
- Feminine Hygiene products
Clothing and Footwear
- Lightweight hiking boots
- Lightweight sandals or sneakers
- Hiking socks
- Full and short sleeve trekking shirts
- Long and half-length trekking trousers
- Windproof rain jacket
- Inner garments
- Fleece jacket
- Day Pack
- Duffle Bag
- Sleeping Bag
- Head Lamp
- Basic first-aid kit
- Trekking poles
- Water bottles/ Camel pouch
- Water purifying tablets
Nepal has abundant trekking options for trekkers of all types. 8 days treks in Nepal are great options for someone with a short time and average physical fitness. It is best for those who wish to experience a typical country life in Nepal.
These treks explore different regions of Nepal. Some of them are traditional trails, and some of them are the newly discovered ones. You can choose the best one for yourself.
Feel free to customize these treks as suitable to your pleasures.