Everest Base Camp Helicopter tour with landing is one of the best aerial tours in the world. It unfolds the great Himalayas of the Everest region in the shortest time possible. This flight is an alternative to several days’ Everest Base Camp Trek.
Our experienced pilots will provide all the informative commentary throughout the tour. They will help ensure your safety as well as keep you accompanied during the whole trip. This Kathmandu to Everest Base Camp helicopter tour can accommodate min 2 pax to max 6 pax. We ensure you window seats for breathtaking views and scenery.
The journey starts early morning from Kathmandu’s Tribhuvan International Airport. The helicopter will stop at the Tenzing-Hillary Airport in Lukla for refueling. After that, the helicopter will set off to Kala Patthar viewpoint.
The Everest Base Camp Helicopter tour with landing offers the unparalleled views of snow-capped mountains, glaciated passes, picturesque villages, and world’s highest peak.
On the way to Kala Patthar, you will see snow-covered vistas of Mt. Everest (8,848M), Mt. Nuptse (7,864M), Mt. Pumori (7,156M), Mt. Cho Oyu (8,153M), Mt. Lhotse (8,513M). Plus, hundreds of other impressive peaks towering tall in entire Everest region.
There will be two stops in this Everest Base Camp helicopter tour. One is the Everest Base Camp or Kala Patthar Viewpoint and the other is Everest View Hotel for breakfast.
During the Helicopter tour to EBC, you will enjoy the breakfast at the Everest View hotel with breathtaking views of the Himalayas. Then you will finally return to Kathmandu.
This is a luxury package designed especially for those who would want to reach the base without having to trek.
Table of Contents
- Weather of Everest Base Camp
- Highlights of the Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour with Landing
- 1. Who can join the Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour with Landing?
- 2. Are the Pilots experienced and trained?
- 3. Does the helicopter land at the Mount Everest Base Camp?
- 4. How long does the helicopter stay at Kala Patthar and Base Camp?
- 5. I am a solo traveler, can I join a group for Everest Base Camp Helicopter tour?
- 6. What should I pack for my helicopter tour to Everest base camp?
- 7. What is the best time for Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour?
- EBC Helicopter Flight Route
Weather of Everest Base Camp
Everest Base Camp experiences four different seasons in the whole year. Spring, Monsoon, Autumn, and Winter.
In Spring season, starting March till May, the weather is mild around the Base Camp area. The daytime temperature is warm at around 15°C . Whereas mornings and nights are still cold with -10 °C temperatures.
During this season, the view of the landscape, especially the lower hills looks amazing with the blooming rhododendron.
Monsoon starting from June till early September may not be a good time to go for Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour as Mt. Everest is usually covered in mist/cloud. There is a high chance of flight cancellation due to poor weather conditions.
Autumn, starting from September to November is the best time for Everest Base Camp Helicopter tour with landing. Weather conditions are favorable. It’s neither too cold nor too hot. The average temperature ranges from 20°C in the daytime to -10°C at night. The snow-capped mountain views are at their best.
Winter, starting from December to February, has the coldest days in Everest Base Camp area. The temperature during the early morning and night falls below freezing level.
The average temperatures range from 20°C in the daytime to -17°C at night. Despite cold temperature, the views are outstanding.
Highlights of the Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour with Landing
- Lukla Airport, one of the most dangerous airport in the world for over 20 years.
- Fly above Kathmandu‘s famed UNESCO world heritage sites.
- A magnificent panorama view of the Everest region including Mt. Everest, Mt. Pumori, Mt. Nuptse, and Mt. Lhotse.
- Ariel view of the Everest Base Camp, Khumbu glacier, Khumbu icefall, Gokyo lakes.
- Fly close to some of the highest peaks in the world, including the Mount Everest.
- Close-up view of the world’s beautiful Mountain Ama Dablam.
- Set foot on Kala Patthar, the most popular viewpoints in the Everest region.
- Catch a glimpse of the Sherpa culture and lifestyle.
- Enjoy breakfast at the Everest View Hotel with the panoramic view of snow-capped mountains.
1. Who can join the Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour with Landing?
Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour is suitable for anybody. From children to elderly people all can choose this trip. This helicopter tour is suitable for time-bound and travelers with physical challenges. There is no age limit to take this tour.
2. Are the Pilots experienced and trained?
The pilots are very experienced in flying the helicopter around the mountain areas. Your safety is our priority.
They are also equally knowledgeable about the Himalayas. And they will deliver different information during the ride.
3. Does the helicopter land at the Mount Everest Base Camp?
Yes, it does land at Everest Base Camp. Or, at Kala Patthar viewpoint, after acquiring special permission.
4. How long does the helicopter stay at Kala Patthar and Base Camp?
The flight tour will be for 4 to 5 hours. You will have enough time to look around the massive peaks and take pictures.
The weather is usually clear with no wind in the morning. You will have approximately 10 – 20 minutes time to look around Kala Patthar. You will then have about an hour time at the Hotel Everest View for breakfast.
5. I am a solo traveler, can I join a group for Everest Base Camp Helicopter tour?
Of course! We operate Kathmandu to Everest base camp helicopter tour on a daily basis. Just email us your preferred date and we will arrange a group for your helicopter tour to Everest Base Camp.
6. What should I pack for my helicopter tour to Everest base camp?
The clothing will depend on the season of your tour. But even during warm weather, you will need to wear a jacket since Everest Base Camp is at a high altitude.
Let us give you a list of the items you need :
- Windproof down jacket
- Warm trouser
- 100% UV rays protected sunglasses.
- A beanie and a sun hat.
- Toilet paper
- Sunscreen lotion and lip balm
- A bottle of water and snacks
- Camera and mobile phone
7. What is the best time for Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour?
This helicopter tour is possible whole year around. However, the best time for this helicopter tour is Spring (March-May) and Autumn (October-Mid December).
During this season the weather is favorable with the best views.
EBC Helicopter Flight Route
The Everest Base Camp helicopter tour with landing is a one day trip. It allows you to visit the Everest Base Camp, Kala Patthar in only 4-5 hours.
Everest Base Camp Helicopter tour starts from Kathmandu. It flies over Bhaktapur, continues to Nagarkot, and lands at Lukla airport.
It then flies over Namche Bazaar – Syangboche airport – Tengboche monastery – Pheriche – Goreksheab and lands at Kala Patthar viewpoint.
After that, it lands at the Everest View Hotel for breakfast and then to Lukla airport and back to Kathmandu.
The Everest Base Camp helicopter tour is the ultimate dream come true. Especially for those who cannot trek to Everest Base Camp due to various reasons. With this tour, you can experience the breathtaking views of the mountains. And be close to Mount Everest.
With experienced pilots flying you, you need not worry about the flight. Just enjoy this one of a lifetime experience.
For bookings and inquiries please contact us.