Helicopter Charters are a boon for travellers with limited time. These help you get close to the mountains and explore the beauty of Nepal. You can save days’ worth of travelling and hiking in just a couple of hours.
Cost wise, it is definitely on the pricier side but is a lot more convenient and time-saving. It is a comfortable way to discover the mountains (Himalayas) in Nepal.
Helicopter tour is a popular tourist activity in Nepal because the Helicopter charter cost in Nepal is quite reasonable. It offers breathtaking views of the snow capped mountains, glaciated high passes, panoramic landscapes and a lot more.
Himalayan ranges of Nepal such as Mt. Everest, Annapurna, Langtang, Manaslu, Dolpa, Kanchenjunga, are famous destinations for a Helicopter tour. Helicopter packages are also famous for pilgrimage tours. The popular ones are Muktinath Tour, Maratika tour (Halesi Madhavi) and many more.
Table of Contents
Some Helicopter Tour Packages and Their Cost
Everest Helicopter tour
Everest Base Camp helicopter tour is another great aerial tour in Nepal. Flying over the base of the world’s tallest mountain and not trekking up will save you a lot of time and it is very convenient too.
This tour is a great alternative to the several days’ trek to the Everest Base Camp. The cost for this Everest Helitour is around $1,100 -$1,500.
The journey starts early morning from Kathmandu’s Tribhuvan International Airport. The helicopter will stop at Tenzing-Hillary Airport in Lukla for refuelling. After that, the helicopter will set off to Kala Patthar viewpoint.
Kala Patthar is a photographers paradise, this is also the best spot to view the tallest peak in the world, the Mount Everest. After this, you will head to Syangboche, Everest view hotel. Here you will have an amazing breakfast with an amazing view of the majestic mountain, Mt. Everest.
The tour then ends with your flight back to Kathmandu.
During this entire tour you will display snow-covered vistas of Mt. Everest (8,848M), Mt. Nuptse (7,864M), Mt. Pumori (7,156M), Mt. Cho Oyu (8,153M), Mt. Lhotse (8,513M).
Highlights of the Everest Helicopter tour
- Lukla airport, one of the most thrilling airports in the world.
- Stunning views of the Khumbu valley.
- Breathtaking vistas of the mountains in the Everest region ( Mt Everest, Mt Lhotse, Mt Nuptse, mt Amadablam etc)
- The best view of the Khumbu icefall and glacier.
- Lifetime experience of eating breakfast with a panoramic view of the snow capped mountains.
- See the Sherpa culture and traditions.
Annapurna Helicopter Tour
Annapurna Helicopter tour is an ariel tour of the Annapurna region in Nepal. This tour to Annapurna Base Camp is a famous luxury tour in Nepal. The Annapurna helicopter tour costs about $1,500-$1,800.
This tour is specially designed for people who cannot trek but still want to experience the amazing snow-capped mountains. Some spectacular mountains to enjoy are the Annapurna I (8,091 m), Dhaulagiri (8,167m), Manaslu, Annapurna South, Mt. Fishtail, Himchuli, Gangapurna, Annapurna II, Annapurna III, Nilgiri and many small peaks.
You can choose to start the tour either from Kathmandu or from Pokhara. It takes about 2 hours round trip from Kathmandu. And from Pokhara, it takes about half an hour to reach the Annapurna base camp.
Annapurna Base Camp offers you the best view of the Annapurna Sanctuary. It is a natural amphitheatre enclosed by world’s tallest Himalayas including Annapurna I (8,091 m) and Dhaulagiri I (8167 m).
So, forget long trek and experience the grandeur of the Annapurna in an easy but luxurious way.
Annapurna Helicopter Tour Highlight
- Amazing scenery of the Annapurna range.
- Spectacular panorama array of the Annapurna-Dhaulagiri-Lamjung to Manaslu mountain range.
- Splendid views of the mid-western Himalayan peaks.
- Aerial view of the one of tourism capital of Nepal, Pokhara.
- Glimpses of the tradition and culture of Nepalese people in the mountains.
Gosaikunda Helicopter tour
Gosaikunda Lake is an alpine freshwater situated at an altitude of 4,380m in the Langtang National Park. Gosaikunda is also visited by a lot of trekkers every year since it lies in the Dhunche-Helambu trekking route.
Gosaikunda Heli tour is the shortest Heli tour available in Nepal. It is an hour tour from Kathmandu. The cost of the Gosaikunda Heli tour is about $1,400 -$2000.
Gosaikunda Heli Tour will save you 2 days of uphill trekking saving you time. You can also see the Langtang Himalayan Range, Ganesh Himal and Manaslu from here.
Spring and autumn are the best seasons to plan the helicopter ride to Gosaikunda.
Highlights of the Gosaikunda helicopter tour
- Jaw-dropping view of the Langtang Himalayan region.
- Frozen Lake Gosaikunda, a popular pilgrimage place of Hindus and Buddhists.
- Aerial view of the Langtang Trekking route in Nepal.
Langtang Helicopter Tour
This Langtang helicopter tour promises you the panoramic view of the Langtang range. Also, spectacular geographical features, unbeatable natural beauty and other scenic beauty of Langtang. The cost of the Langtang helicopter tour is about $2,600 -$3000.
You will have astonishing views of the majestic mountains located in the region, including Mt. Langtang, Mt. Lurung, Ganesh Himal, Lakpa Dorje, Yala Peak, Naya Kanga and Mt. Gaurishankar. Also the spectacular Annapurna Himalayan range during the Langtang helicopter tour in Nepal.
The Langtang valley’s pristine purity is still intact and unmarred by the crowded modern world. On this tour, you will have the chance to explore the local village, the famous Kyanjin Monastery and the local cheese factory.
This tour is a two hour round trip from Kathmandu. After flying from Kathmandu, the helicopter will land at Kyanjin monastery. It is the best viewpoint for the Langtang Himalayan range.
You can enjoy your breakfast facing the mesmerising Langtang ranges. You will then explore the Langtang village and fly back to Kathmandu.
The forest of National Parks is home to the rhododendron and Pine which is in full bloom in April. In August, the Gosaikunda lake in the Langtang region is full of Hindus and Buddhist pilgrims, this is quite a sight to see.
Other than that you will get to observe the culture and traditions of the Tibetan people there.
Langtang Helicopter Tour Highlight
- Striking views of great peaks like the Ganesh Himal (7,407m), Langtang Lirung(7,246m), Dorje Lakpa(6,975) and Gosaikunda lakes.
- Explore the most unique landscape filled with bursting wildlife and diverse flora!
- Panoramic views of Langtang Himalayan range and Langtang National Park.
- Observe the traditional ethnic groups and their cultures up close.
Muktinath Helicopter Tour
Muktinath is a holy temple situated in the Mustang region and is famous among the Hindus and Buddhist people. It is also known as the temple of salvation. Thousands of pilgrims visit the temple each year,
In this Muktinath helicopter tour, the temple of Muktinath is the main attraction. Helicopter Charter cost to Muktinath is $2,800.
Muktinath helicopter tour will provide you with panoramic views of the Manaslu Himalayan range, Annapurna Himalayan range, deep gorges and stunning landscape.
Muktinath Helicopter Tour is an easy and fast way to visit the Muktinath temple. You will take the Helicopter from Kathmandu or Pokhara to the helipad near Muktinath temple. After 30 minutes short hike up, you will get to the Muktinath Temple.
You will have half an hour to an hour to perform holy pujas and take bath. This tour takes a total of about 3 hours including ground time.
Highlights of the Muktinath helicopter tour
- Spectacular aerial view of Kathmandu Valley and Pokhara City.
- Aerial view of Rupa Tal (Lake), Begnas Tal, and Fewa Tal.
- Bird’s eye view of Jomsom Village.
- Breathtaking views of Mt. Manaslu, Annapurna, Fishtail, Dhaulagiri & Nilgiri.
- Muktinath temple (the salvation temple), a pilgrimage place for Hindus and Buddhists.
- Fly over the Annapurna conservation area.
- Spectacular views of deepest gorge and valley.
Upper Mustang Helicopter Tour
Upper Mustang Heli Tour is the quickest tour of the Forbidden Kingdom of Mustang located close to the Tibetan border. Helicopter Charter cost to Upper Mustang helicopter tour is about $ 3,500- $ 4,000.
Located towards the northern section of the Annapurna Region, Mustang is a famous trekking destination of Nepal. If for any reason you cannot trek or don’t have enough time for the long trek to upper Mustang, you can explore the Upper Mustang in just a day via helicopter.
Upper Mustang helicopter tour begins from Kathmandu Airport. From here, you will fly towards the magical land of Upper Mustang. You will witness amazing views of the snow capped Annapurna range, Mt Dhaulagiri, Mt Manaslu and Tukuche peaks.
You will also witness aerial view of the stunning landscapes, valleys and rivers. You will then land in Lo-Manthang- the kingdom of Mustang. It is an age-old walled city made with carved wooden pillars, images of Buddhists deities and giant lookout towers. It also has ancient monasteries which you can explore.
The lifestyle and culture of the people settled in this region is very similar to Tibetan people. The landscape of Mustang is also very similar to the Tibetan plateau. You can interact with local people around here and get to know about their lifestyle and culture.
Highlights of the Upper Mustang Helicopter Tour
- Witness the majestic mountain and panorama view of snow-capped peaks like Nilgiri, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri & others.
- Explore Lo-Manthang, the ancient walled city with thousand year’s old monasteries.
- Enjoy scenic helicopter flight starting from Kathmandu to Pokhara, Jomsom, Kagbeni & Lo-Manthang
- Discover culture & traditions of the people of Lo-Manthang similar to the Tibetans.
- Mystical caves and stunning landscape.
Rara Lake Helicopter Tour
Situated at an altitude of 2990m at the midwestern region of Nepal in Karnali zone, Rara lake also known as the queen of lakes is Nepal’s largest lake. It is also often considered as the virgin blue lake.
To travel to Rara lake via road is not only a strenuous and lengthy process but is also very risky and dangerous. Taking the helicopter tour to visit Rara lake is a much easy and less time-consuming alternative. Helicopter Charter cost to Rara lake is about $ 8,000- $ 9,000.
Apart from the National Park, you can witness more than 500 different kinds of flowers, 20 different species of mammals and 214 species of birds. If you’re lucky, you can also see the musk deer, the black panther, panda, untamed boar, Himalayan dark deer and other wildlife.
The lake is also a habitat to otters and many different species of fishes.
This lake is a paradise for nature lovers and adventurers, surrounded by the Rara national park.
The tour starts from Kathmandu where you will be flown by helicopter to Nepalgunj airport for Re-fueling. After Re-fueling, you will be flown to Rara lake and vice versa.
Highlights of the Rara Lake helicopter tour
- Aerial Views of Mt Langtang, Mt Manaslu, Mt Annapurna.
- Fly over Rara National Park.
- Remotely located, far from noise and pollution.
- The queen of Lakes, Rara that changes colour naturally.
- Hiking trail, horse riding and boating.
- Experience the untouched beauty of the area.
If you have limited time in Nepal but want to experience the beauty of the world famous Himalayas a helicopter tour is the best. We guarantee you a safe flight and a lifetime memory to cherish.
Please contact us for further questions or queries. We are happy to help you with any of your questions.