In this article, we are going to discuss Everest Base Camp in June.
Some people visit Nepal for work, some to experience the culture, some for the food, some to visit the land of Buddha while others are here for the adventurous activities Nepal has to offer. Nepal entertains a lot of tourists for the latter.
Nepal is widely known as the country of the Himalayas. And the Himalayas and the Himalayan Range offers all trekking enthusiasts numerous trekking routes to choose from. There are short treks that can be completed in 3 days and the longer ones can last up to a month. Of course, you can make the trek as long as you want to depend on your schedule.
Trekking to the Everest Base Camp is a trekker’s ultimate trekking destination. It is most trekkers’ dream to be able to trek to the highest mountain in the world.
Simply being a trekking enthusiast is not enough. You also need to have physical and mental strength along with the financial one. Another thing you should be familiar with is the weather around the time you choose to trek.
Weather in Nepal
In general, Nepal faces four major seasons spring, monsoon, autumn, and winter. Although, the climate in Nepal varies depending on the geographical distribution. Spring in Nepal lasts from March to May. The monsoon season ranges from June to August. Autumn lasts from September to November. Winter is experienced from December to February.
The winters in the north are crispy and cold while the summers are cheerful and breezy.
The season most preferred by trekkers in Nepal is the autumn season. The trekking routes and destinations usually witness pleasant dry weather. The routes get occasional drizzle or snow based on the altitude of the destination.
Do not shy away from trekking to Everest base camp in June in Nepal just because it is not among the peak trekking months. Sure people would question your decision to trek during. Not many people can exploit the adventures June has in store. Your slushy stories will make your trip to the base camp of the highest mountain on earth even more interesting.
Do you have any question about trip to Nepal?Tell us about your trip to Nepal and what you expect from it. We will answer your questions in 24 hours and help you design a trip with a comfortable itinerary to best meet your needs.
Highlights of the Trek
- Trekking to the footstep of the world’s highest mountain, Mount Everest.
- Reaching Everest Base Camp Trek which is situated at an altitude of 5,545 meters (18192.26 feet) above sea level.
- Magnificent and panoramic view of Mount Everest, Mount Lhotse and several other mountains and peaks.
- Experiencing the warm hospitality of the local Sherpa and Tibetan Community.
- Visiting the recognized monasteries on the trail.
- Exploring the diverse culture, tradition, and lifestyle of the ethnic local Sherpas in and on the way to the Everest Base Camp.
- Visit the trade center at Namche Bazaar.
- 360-degree panoramic view of the mountain range from different spots in the trek.
The weather of Nepal in June
Let’s talk about the weather in Nepal in the month of June.
June lies right in the monsoon season. It is the month of fresh air and lively showers. This makes Everest Base Camp in June a paradise for the people who enjoy the monsoon.
The trekking trails are not much different and you can enjoy the refreshing showers. The trekking route may experience occasional thunderstorms and overcast skies. This makes the weather around June unpredictable and challenging. But the weather on the Everest Base Camp is known to be drastic all year round.
It is somewhat challenging to trek in the monsoon season. But with a great team and proper gear, you will definitely have the experience to remember.
Trekking to the Everest Base Camp in June
Trek to Everest Base Camp in June is just as interesting as the other seasons. It has its nature and experience. You will be enjoying the mesmerizing views of the road along with the breathtaking views of Mount Everest. The Himalayan region is not affected as much by rainfall in June; the hilly region is.
So the higher you go there is the lesser the chance of your trip being affected by rain.
Most mornings you will be able to see the breathtaking views of the mountain peak – Mount Everest. Sure there could be some clouds and a little rain around noon most days. But the colorful array of countless blossoming flowers on the trail will more than makeup for it.
You will also pass numerous rice fields on your way to the Everest Base Camp. These fields will treat you with calming shades of green during the month of June. The rain will bring forth pesky leeches in some places. But they are not as awful as some would lead you to believe. Anti-bug ointments should keep these mischievous pests at bay.
Since there will be a lesser number of trekkers doing trek to Everest Base Camp in June. This makes your Everest base camp trek a peaceful and a more laid back experience. You will have the opportunity of interacting with the locals and nature on a more personal level. It makes your trip even more authentic & unique.
The trails are a lot less crowded. It automatically means the tea houses on the night stops and the base camp will be easily available. This gives you the freedom to walk at your own pace and still get a good room of your choice. You are saved from the rush and the necessity of having to book a room before you get there.
The rain is not all that bad because it makes the trekking environment cleanest while going to Everest Base Camp in June. The dust settles down after a shower leaving the air more fresh on the trail. What more, the rain will let you enjoy a cool walk towards your destination.
You will always receive a warm welcome and hospitality from local Sherpas, and Tibetans, while the views may depend on the weather.
Also, there are a lot of other ways you can make this trek in June, like Everest Panorama Trek, Gokyo Chola Everest Base Camp Luxury Trek, Everest Base Camp Luxury Trek, and a lot more in the Everest Region.
Recommended Everest Base Camp Trekking packages for June
Here are some of the recommended trekking routes to Everest Base Camp Trek in June.
Everest Base Camp Trek
The Everest Base Camp Trek is the best and the most popular trekking route in Nepal. The Everest Base Camp trek starts and ends with a short flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. The trekking route passes through the gateway to the Everest, Namche Bazaar (3,450m). Namche Bazaar is basically a market/trading place known as a bazaar in Nepal. Namche Bazaar is the market place located at the highest altitude.
The Everest Base Camp Trek is a 13-day trek that will leave you with a lifetime of stories.
The warm hospitality from the local Sherpa community will make this trekking journey even personal experience. along with the panoramic view of the peaks are another highlight of the trek.
Highlights of the Trek
- Up-close view of the world’s highest mountain, Mount Everest.
- Exploring and experiencing their unique culture and visiting the monasteries in the region.
- Visiting the famous Tengboche Monastery.
- Magnificent view of the mountain peaks like Mount Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Changtse, Ama Dablam, and other famous peaks in the region.
- Visiting Namche Bazaar (3,450m).
- The spectacular views of the snow-capped mountain peaks, the diverse landscape, glacial lakes, the largest glaciers, and the evergreen lush forests.
Everest Base Camp Luxury Trekking
Everest Base Camp Luxury Trekking is an amazing way to explore the Everest Region. The trek is more luxurious compared to our standard Everest base camp trek. The trek to Everest Base Camp offers a unique and exceptional experience in the beautiful Sherpa villages in the midst of the gorgeous Mountains.
The Everest Base Camp luxury trekking trail allows you to trek the Everest Base camp conveniently within a short period of time. The services provided by the lodges in this luxury trek is phenomenal.
Highlights of the Trek
- Close up majestic views of Mount Everest.
- Trek up to 5545m through spectacular scenery.
- Helicopter fly over Mount Everest.
- Breathtaking views of the Everest region.
- Explore and experience the hospitality of the local Sherpa community.
- Visit to market town Namche Bazaar.
Gokyo- Cho La- Everest Base Camp Luxury Trek
Gokyo Chola Everest Base Camp Luxury Trek is the best package as it is a combined trek to the Everest Base Camp, the Gokyo valley, and the High Cho La Pass.
Witnessing the glaciers is one of the major attractions of trekking in the Mountains. Ngozumpa Glacier, the largest glacier in Nepal, is definitely waiting to be noticed by the trekker. It is situated on the east side of Gokyo Ri (5357 m) Peak so, you should not miss the hike up to Gokyo Ri (5357 m) peak in this trekking.
Hiking to Gokyo Ri Peak, not only offers the view of Nepal’s largest glacier but also the view of four of the highest magnificent snow-capped mountains. Gokyo- Cho La- Everest Base Camp Luxury Trek is a great choice for vacationing to the base camp of the world’s highest mountain.
Highlights of the Trek
- Picturesque mountain view flight (Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu)
- The panoramic 360-degree view of the mountain range from the Gokyo ridge.
- Exploring the culture, tradition, and lifestyle of local Sherpas
- Witnessing four of the world’s highest mountain peaks up-close. Mount Cho Oyu (8201m), Mount Makalu (8463 m), Mount Lhotse (8516 m), and the majestic Mount Everest (8848 m).
- Exploring the beautiful Gokyo valley. Its lakes and glacier are an amazing sight too.
- Crossing the highest pass, Chola Pass (5420 m).
- High possibility of spotting exotic wildlife in the lush forest.
Everest Kalapathar Trek
Everest Kala Patthar Trek route is among the most popular routes to the Everest Base Camp. This trek follows one of the classic trails to your destination. It witnesses the most number of trekkers and climbers during peak season.
You will pass through a number of settlements, green forests, and rocky moraine trails to reach the base camp. Several Buddhist monasteries can be seen along the trekking trail including the famous Tengboche Monastery. The locals in this region are mainly Sherpas who follow Buddhism and are influenced by Tibetan culture.
Highlights of the Trek
- An up-close view of Mount Everest (8848 m).
- Witnessing the four highest peaks in the world above 8000 meters.
- Adventurous scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla.
- Exploring Tengboche Monastery.
- Experiencing the hospitality and lifestyle of Sherpas.
Tips for Trekking to the Everest Base Camp in June
If you are a trekking enthusiast with a thirst for adventure, then trekking to the Everest Base Camp is a very good choice. Everyone needs the practice to trek to and stand at the height Everest Base Camp is situated at. You will also need proper research and knowledge to back you up in the Himalayas.
Rain and the weather can get a little cloudy while doing a trek to Everest Base Camp in June. Despite the cool rainy weather, you will be able to enjoy perfect views of the mountain peaks in the region. The weather can get challenging and it will make this trip an unique trekking experience.
Trekking to the Everest Base Camp in June means you need to be extra careful. You should choose proper gear and clothing for the trekking around the time of the year. Since you will be expecting rain you should pack the rain gear along with all the other equipment.
Here are a few tips that will make the trek a little more comfortable experience.
- You should get into the trek prepared with breathable rain gear and the best hiking shoes for Everest Base Camp. Since there is a strong possibility of downpours in June.
- You will feel hot and become sweaty during the day. So, wear clothes in layers. Keep rain jackets and backpack cover in an accessible place in case of sudden rainfall.
- Carry at least one trekking pole irrespective of the season. It assists you when you are walking on uneven trails.
- Make a checklist of the items that you will need on the journey before you start packing.
- The weather will be cool but carry lightweight sweat-absorbent clothing. You will sweat as you trek to the destination of your day.
- Make you have packed the things you will definitely need and try to make you bag as light as possible. Hire a porter to carry your things through the trek.
- Carry all your personal items like brush, toothpaste, and sunscreen.
- Make sure you pack all the medicines you need. You can buy them in Nepal, but it better you bring everything.
- Hire a professional trekking guide so that you can get proper guidance and information about the route you trek on.
- Carry water to help you to stay hydrated throughout the trek. You should drink at least 3 liters of water a day to keep your body hydrated.
- You should be aware of the symptoms of altitude sickness and should take precautions. If you notice any symptoms of altitude sickness, you should talk to your trekking guide or your traveling companions.
Recommended Gears for the trek to Everest Base Camp in June
You are quite familiar with the weather you will be facing in the month of June – rain. Being the months of showers you will be needing some special gear to tackle the weather during your trek.
Do not hesitate to carry things you know you will need on the trip but do not carry something you think you might need on the trip. The trick is to carry bare essentials. It is wise to have a checklist of things so you do not overpack for the trek.
Here is a list of things we think you will need on the trek.
- Sweat absorbent trekking t-shirts.
- Windcheater jackets.
- Insulating Jackets.
- Warm thermal wear.
- Convertible trekking pants.
- Waterproof hiking pants.
- Sweater, Fleece Jacket or Pullover.
- Breathable Underwear.
- Sports Bra (for women).
- Rain jacket.
- Waterproof shoes with a firm grip.
- Warm comfortable hiking socks.
- Rainproof jackets.
- Backpack rain cover.
Head and Hand wears
- A sun hat or cap.
- Polarized UV sunglasses.
- Winter hat and gloves.
- Bandana or scarf
Toiletries and Personal Hygiene
- Hand Sanitizers.
- Personal toiletries.
- Face/body wipes.
- Lip balm and Moisturizing skin cream.
- All the necessary Medications
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Quick-dry towel
- Soft tissue or toilet paper
- Feminine hygiene products
- Trekking Poles.
- Water bottle.
- Water purification tablet or liquid.
- First aid kit.
- Mobile phones.
- Travel adapter and chargers.
- Extra batteries.
- Battery charger.
- Fanny Pack.
- Sleeping bag.
Additional Recommended Items:
- Personal polar blanket.
- Mosquito and bug repellent ointment or sprays.
- Map of route and mountains.
- Your camera and extra batteries.
- Extra plastic bags.
- Your personal documents.
- First aid kit.
Note: Please keep in mind this is a tentative packing list. You can customize the items on the list to fit your requirements.
Everest Base Camp Trek in June -Conclusion
Everest Base Camp in June is refreshing and challenging. This time for trekking in Nepal is a bit challenging due to the rain. The month is therefore labeled as an offseason month. But this is also the month you will see a riot of colors in the countryside you will be trekking on.
June may not the perfect weather for amateur trekkers to be trekking to the Everest Base Camp. But on the bright side, you will be walking during the fresh month.
The flowers are just in their blooming stage and the rice fields are planted too. These things combined make your trek a very colorful one. And of course, you have the splendid panoramic views of the highest peak in the world – Mount Everest. You can view many other mountains and smaller peaks seen from a high viewpoint.
If you have less time and want to reach Everest base camp or see its beauty, Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour is a perfect fit for you.